I remember when I told my mother that I wanted to become “That Girl” she responded with “Who?” The thing is, That Girl is not a person, but rather a mindset, maybe even a movement. I would go as far as saying that “That Girl” is to Gen Z as “Girl Boss” is to Millennials. Anyways, to help keep myself motivated on my journey, I have decided to share my goals to becoming That Girl at the beginning of each month. Way back in the day I would share my monthly goals, so this is just me restarting that series. Here are my September That Girl goals!
September 2021 Goals
1. Fully set up my Notion for school – I just need to import all my assignments.
2. Choose my outfit the night before – This is to eliminate that stress in the morning.
3. Go to the gym every weekday – I have already been doing this for a year, but I still set this goal each month.
4. Cook for myself every week – It is tempting to get takeout, but I want to make it through one month without takeout.
5. Wear perfume everyday – Sometimes I forget and I really want to make a habit of wearing perfume.
6. Continue building my new wardrobe – Fall is right around the corner and I own mostly summer clothes.
7. Apply to one new job a week – I met this goal last week, now to continue for the next few weeks.
8. Journal one time each week – This will be difficult for me. That is why I am starting off slow.
9. Attend one school event each week – I am a homebody by nature and I need to start getting out more.
My motivation this month comes from these Tiktok and Instagram accounts:
@jnlewiss on Tiktok for daily vlogs
@therikkilee on Tiktok for That Girl content
@tyra_fisher on Instagram for college fashion
@blackgirlssmellgood on Instagram for fragrances (I also follow in Twitter and Tiktok!)
Check back next month to see how many goals I was able to accomplish. Have a happy September guys!